Socially distanced flu appointments for the 2020/21 season are now available for booking.
If you have mobility issues we will be offering a limited number of 'drive thru' vaccination appointments. Please book your appointment as soon as possible to help avoid any disappointment.
Please speak to a receptionist if you believe you need a 'drive thru' appointment on 01825 766 055.
Patients eligible for a free flu immunisation
All patients aged over 65 are eligible for a free flu vaccine (Meads wave 1) as well as patients aged under 65 who live with chronic conditions such as COPD, asthma, diabetes etc together with those patients living in the same household as someone who has been 'shielding' from coronavirus. (Meads wave 2)
In order to alleviate pressure on the NHS and protect the community, Public Health have said patients aged between 50-64 (Meads wave 3) who do not have any chronic conditions are also eligible to receive a vaccination subject to there being enough vaccine supply. Wave 3 patients will not be vaccinated before November.
In line with NHS guidance we will be prioritising our 'at risk' groups as well as patients aged 65 and over. If you are aged 50-64 and have no chronic conditions we will add your name to a waiting list (if requested). Patients in this 'wave' will be immunised on a first come first served basis once the vaccines become available.
If you are unsure whether you qualify for a free flu vaccine please telephone the surgery on 01825 766 055.
Instructions for drive thru appointments
- Please pull alongside the marshall wearing a hi-viz yellow jacket near the entrance to the Meads Surgery car park, they will ask you your name and 'check you in' for your appointment
- Please listen to the marshall's instructions. They will let you know when you should move forward into the car park. You should follow the signs and kept to the left hand side of the barriers. (You will be driving across the area where Meads staff normally park their cars).
- You should obey all signage including signs indicating when you should STOP
- Once you have been immunised, as long as you are feeling well and you are happy to do so, you are free to leave the car park. If you would prefer to wait for 5 minutes before leaving the car park please let the Clinician or a marshall know and we will arrange for you to park in a 'waiting area'.
- It should not be necessary for you to leave your car through the 'drive thru' process.
- If at any point you feel unwell, please put your hazard lights on and beep your horn to draw attention to you.
- No filming or photography is permitted throughout the process.
Drive thru apppointment check list:
Once you have booked your appointment you should note the following:
- Arrive as close as possible to the time of your appointment
- All occupants of your car should wear a face covering where possible
- Do not come to your appointment if you are unwell
- Please wear short sleeves for your appointment
- We politely ask patients not to engage in discussing clinical matters on the day unrelated to their immunisation appointment. Our phone lines will open as usual Monday to Friday at 8.30am where will be only too happy to book you an appointment for any other clinical matters which you need assistance with.
The practice would like to thank patients for choosing to get their vaccinations done at the Meads. Having your vaccinations here helps keep the practice sustainable financially as well as ensuring your medical records remain accurate and updated in a timely manner.